Skip to content

General

53 results found

1. Stop recommending dual core CPUs

Next gen games wont do jack without at least a quad-core. Unless their gonna be playing older games, stop recommending them. Maybe give a choice when asking about the build

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. How does your system select the parts?

Before I can give proper feedback, it would be useful to know how your program picks the parts in the first place. Does it simply spit out a hardcoded build that you have to manually update based on the dollar amount and other other selections such as OS/optical/OC? Or is it more dynamic? The more detail you give me, the more help I can be.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks very much for your interest in the build generator and providing feedback.

As I’m sure you can understand, I am unwilling yo share details of the specific implementation of the site, however I can say that the builds are generated on the fly to choose the best parts for the budget.

3. Use Xeons when an integrated gpu is not needed

I feel that it is useless to have an i5 when you can get i7 performance for the same price, sans integrated gpu, from a Xeon E3 1231 v3 for example.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback on the site

As it focuses on gaming builds, I often disregard haswell based i7s and xeons as being more expensive than the i5 with no performance gain as the only real benefit is the hyperthreading.

For instance the Xeon you mentioned is priced at $240 compared to a locked i5 being in the region of $190 despite the fact that they will perform incredibly similarly to each other for gaming.

The reason I include enthusiast i7s at the very high end is for the X99 platform providing benefits such as more PCIe lanes and extravagant boards for future expansion.
  4. PSU Mounting Position

Please allow there to be some way to make it so cases with logical and common sense PSU mounting positions are shown.

Bottom (right)/Top (wrong) toggle.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately although this is an option which might make sense for your preferences, it is way too specific to implement on a site with choosemypc’s goals.

PSU mounting at the top of the case is certainly not objectively worse though, especially not with rotated layouts in a case like the TJ08b-e. Really the difference is inconsequential.

5. Add price in €

I love the tool but i was a little disappointed noticing you can't select European country (apart England).
    I don't know why you've made it this way but it could be usefull to have the price in €.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Support for AMD parts

Some people don't like Intel chipsets, and others still see the benefit of AMD 8 cores that cost the same as Intel Quads while achieving better benchmarks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Unless you are doing strong multithreaded tasks, for gaming the Intel quads are much better for the money than the 8350 due to the stronger single threaded performance.

AMD CPUs are programmed into the system where appropriate but currently Intel have the market somewhat cornered with the exception of a narrow band where the 6300 is good bang for buck.

Thanks,
    Mark

7. Add peripherals

what if the person does not have any

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Peripherals are not something I would like to include on the site due to both the personal nature of them as well as to avoid making the UI of the main build generator too complicated.

However I do have a prebuilt-style build customizer in the works which will allow the addition of these sorts of optional additions. This is a way off being feature complete but should be a welcome addition to the site by many.

Thank you for your interest,
    Mark

8. Noticed a bug in the site

I've noticed that when I open up this feedback tab, there is no way to close it without submitting a feedback.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

I actually have no control over this aspect of the site as I use uservoice for the feedback system.

However I cannot reproduce this myself – there is a close button to exit the tab popup at the top right of the window.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. More Currencies

I feel that people from other countries apart from UK, Canada or USA should be able to convert the pc pricing into their own currency or that there should be more currencies to choose from as I am from New Zealand and people like me are missing out. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Two columns for pricing

It would be nice to know what the price of each item was before and after rebate (or how much rebate there is for each item).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really need a UI designer to help me work these things through, but I don’t think there would currently be room in the table to include the information.

However I have taken some notes from pcpartpicker and could be finding a way to better visualize MIRs and other discounts on the site.

11. Add ability to select a case that doesn't require tinkering to make the parts fit.

The suggested case for my build came with a warning saying I would need to remove drive bays to fit the graphics card. I'm not sure if this is a difficult task, but it would be nice to see some alternatives.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I will be adding customisation options in future for the case.

As-is, what this warning actually usually means is that a drive bay or two is blocked by the inclusion of a long graphics card and this is not a big deal at all.

In the most extreme case it means that you may have to remove one of the drive cages from the case which usually requires taking out a few thumbscrews and pulling the cage out.

Most of the more lower end cases (and even many of the higher end options) aren’t big enough to provide their full drive storage capacity as well as a very long graphics card.

Thanks,
    Mark

12. Support More Countries

You should support more countries such Germany, France, Italy, Greece, China, etc.
    It would be great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add support for EU parts

We need support for German, France and some other high populated EU country's so we can see price differences between euro using country's

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Explain Windows part changes

I built a machine and then hit the add windows button and almost every feature changed. Given that most gaming rigs are Windows I'd be curious to know the justification behind what that is changing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Perhaps I can explain a little bit about how this works. Including the costs of Windows in the total cost of the build effectively reduces the budget by $100, meaning the rest of the build will be downgraded to suit.

This actually has nothing to do with Windows vs Linux, just the price which must be accounted for.

Thanks,
    Mark

15. Besides windows and optical drive option, you could add periferals like keyboards, mouses but more important, monitors !

Besides windows and optical drive option, you could add periferals like keyboards, mouses but more important, monitors !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I have considered adding this in the past, however as the peripherals are largely a personal preference option it is not really viable for me to add them to the generator.

I can only advise that you put aside an additional peripheral budget which you manage yourself alongside any builds generated by ChooseMyPC.

However I have dedicated a section in the build guide to briefly discuss them if you wish to read more.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Mark

16. Add support for MX

i know a lot of people who want to buy a pc, but dont know buy parts and build, Here the brand pc's in stores have too low specs and are too expensive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I would love to implement this, however pricing data for the more niche regions is hard to come by.

In addition to this, for every new region I add to the build generator I need to regularly update local pricing for which takes a lot of time for the more niche regions.

It is something I will consider going forward but is unlikely to be implemented any time in the near future. Sorry!

Thanks for your feedback and if you have anything else to contribute feel free to post it here

Mark

17. Upgrading

I already have a computer and would like a system where I feed info on what my computer specs are currently and my budget and have it suggest the upgrade for the best performance increase for the given price.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid something like this would be incredibly complicated to code with all the different variables which could make up a rig.

I won’t totally rule it out but it isn’t something I will want to do any time soon.

Thanks for your suggestion.

- Mark

18. Be able to choose AMD vs Intel CPU

instead of forcing brand, allow user to pick

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am dedicated to recommending the best performing parts for the price range and so do not want to change this to introduce a system where the user can make a build far worse for the money.

I don’t like harboring brand preferences on the site – if you have any specific preferences such as this you can feel free to visit pcpartpicker and customize it to your liking.

Thanks!
    Mark

19. Remove Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB from the database

It has been unavailable at this price at newegg for a few weeks now. It skews the build a bit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. cpu + gpu company options

i think there should be an option on which cpu and gpu companies you would prefer, for example i cant find an amd fx 8350 on here, or a amd r9 280x, i would like the option of choosing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Oliver,

Both of these parts are in the ChooseMyPC database, and will be chosen if they are worth the money.

At certain price points, both the mentioned parts are also recommended as they are good value for money at a very limited number of price points.

I don’t believe in harboring brand preferences and so do not weight brands in any way to have one preferred over another – everything recommended is a result of price being compared to performance to check whether it is good value for money.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Mark

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base