Skip to content

General

53 results found

1. PSU Mounting Position

Please allow there to be some way to make it so cases with logical and common sense PSU mounting positions are shown.

Bottom (right)/Top (wrong) toggle.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Unfortunately although this is an option which might make sense for your preferences, it is way too specific to implement on a site with choosemypc’s goals.

PSU mounting at the top of the case is certainly not objectively worse though, especially not with rotated layouts in a case like the TJ08b-e. Really the difference is inconsequential.

2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Advertising on choosemypc.net

Hello,

I am Megan with Simple Web Marketing. My company represents a leading provider in data recovery services. They would like to purchase ad space on your site's page, choosemypc.net/.

Ideally, we'd like to mention our client in a sentence on your site, which would link to our client's site. We could pay you via PayPal for your time and efforts as soon as an agreement is made.

Please let me know if you are interested so we can discuss the details. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Megan
    Advertising Representative
    Simple Web Marketing
    www.simplewebmarketing.org

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. add G2A windows license support (at least as an option)

G2A is legit and gets you a much better price. Though some people dont trust it so maybe have it as an option just like MIRs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Although G2A keys will work, the nature of the site means that anyone can sell whichever keys they want. The only legitimate way to get windows below retail price is with a student discount.

The people selling keys on G2A will likely be selling volume licensing or student keys which means that you are breaking the terms of service on the licenses by using them.

For this reason I cannot recommend them.

5. cpus and apus

AMD has great option with more value than intel to save a buck

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sadly, they really do not for gaming. APUs are recommended at the absolute lowest end of the spectrum but it is much better to get a discrete gpu in almost all cases.

The i3 outperforms the 6300 by quite a bit for not much more, which makes the 6300 quite limited in value too but it is used in certain builds at the bottom end such as http://choosemypc.net/build/?budget=420&oc=false

The 8350 really lacks in single threaded performance for gaming purposes

AMD CPUs have not been refreshed in a while and are now sadly showing their age vs Intel competition

6. recommend good DDR4 RAM

For the $2,500 option with overclocking, you recommend DRR4-2133 memory. For $10-$20 more you can get DDR4-2400 memory.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For a gaming rig however this has been shown to make essentially no difference in real world performance, which is why these upgrades are not done.

Capacity is much more important than speed however if you would like to make that change for a specific purpose or just because you want to, it is possible through PCPartPicker.

7. buildmycomputer.com

Hi,

Are you currently interested in buying/owning the domain name buildmycomputer.com so you can redirect it to your website?

Kind Regards,

Robert Johnson
    Domain Name Broker

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Much more budget

I want to make a pc witch has a bigger budget example 5000$

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

It might be tempting to spend a ton on a PC if you have the disposable income to, however spending as much as $5000 means you would get a rig which is, although at the cutting edge of technology, would not really perform much better than a gaming PC you had spend $2500 on.

Because of the nature of enthusiast hardware the top tier parts cost exponentially more for a relatively small performance increase.

For instance you can easily achieve dual 980ti at the top of the budget range for ChooseMyPC. The only way to improve gaming performance to a significant degree is going to 3-4 card setups with 980tis and this would achieve quite small performance increases due to poor driver scaling in a lot of circumstances.

It would be much better to spend less and upgrade later – or spend the rest on peripherals which are just as…

9. EDICIÓN EN LÍNEA DE PARTES

Siguiendo el proceso, doy un monto y genera una lista de partes, en esa lista de partes debería poder editar mi equipo, cambiar las características principales. Por ejemplo: seleccioné el monto mínimo de 400. Me dió la opción de un Celerón, pero yo quiero un i3. La herramienta no está disponible en la misma página. Al parecer debo cambiar el monto hasta que aparezca el i3. Es decir que es muy buena opción poder construir un PC empezando por las características en vez del precio.
    Ojalá me manden un correo de la solución.
    Gracias.
    HarryGP

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback. The reason that the pentiums and celerons are recommended at the very low budgets is because the most important part of a gaming PC is the graphics card and if you chose to buy an i3, you would have to sacrifice greatly in that area.

As you will note the i3 is selected in the higher budget tiers where you can get a decent graphics card alongside it.

ChooseMyPC recommendations always focus on the best possible gaming performance for the money on average, so it is possible the games you play would do better with a weak GPU and i3 if they are low requirement. This can be substituted manually using the PCPartPicker permalink if you choose to.

Thanks,
    Mark

10. i7 5960 x

I7,5960x,4way sli cross fire titan x,asus rampage v extreme,samsung ssd, tell how much u can add to this build to make future proof pc and total cost with specs

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Help for making build

I want a future-proof PC for at least 5 and want to be able to play games on a 65" inch 4k tv at 60 Hz.I also want a Blu Ray reader and re-writable optical drive.I don't overclock as it seems risky and want the best mother board with DDR4 RAM.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. PUT A FUCKING BUY BUTTON

SERIOUSLY DO IT YOU GUYS ARE MISSING OUT

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Felipe,

The nature of the site is that we link to retailers to get you the best possible pricing and build specifications from around the web and for you to build the rig from these components, not to act as a retailer ourselves.

This would not be a logistical possibility especially not matching the prices and sales of the large companies.

Thanks for your interest in ChooseMyPC!
    Mark

13. Streaming Builds

Wonder if you could implement something along those lines as for streaming. Streaming is Processor based so it would probably allocate more into a processor and give a mediocre - good graphics card.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Actually I really don’t recommend making any changes to the builds for streaming purposes – instead you should always try to use hardware encoding in the form of Shadowplay, AMD VCE or Intel Quicksync in order to render on the GPU in your rig in order to alleviate the strain of encoding on the CPU and having the best of both worlds – great gaming performance without spending extra :)

14. Not skimp so much on the motherboard

My pc for a budget of £600 was generated a £30 mobo which I feel is a terrible place to skimp- almost as bad as PSU.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The cheapest boards I tend to recommend are right around the 40 GBP price point, which is where the entry level H81 chipset boards come in.

There is little reason to spend more than is absolutely necessary on the motherboard for the features you require, and for most users that list tends to be 2-3 SATA ports, one of which should be SATA 6gbps if you are using an SSD and USB 3.0 support, in addition to (obviously) supporting the components which you want to add.

A motherboard has little to no impact on the performance of the build so there are much better places to spend the money than on an extravagant motherboard which would be largely wasted considering most people’s needs.

There is a difference between skimping and knowing when not to spend extra money on something which is not beneficial. and I try very hard to maximize…

15. Use Xeons when an integrated gpu is not needed

I feel that it is useless to have an i5 when you can get i7 performance for the same price, sans integrated gpu, from a Xeon E3 1231 v3 for example.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you for your feedback on the site

As it focuses on gaming builds, I often disregard haswell based i7s and xeons as being more expensive than the i5 with no performance gain as the only real benefit is the hyperthreading.

For instance the Xeon you mentioned is priced at $240 compared to a locked i5 being in the region of $190 despite the fact that they will perform incredibly similarly to each other for gaming.

The reason I include enthusiast i7s at the very high end is for the X99 platform providing benefits such as more PCIe lanes and extravagant boards for future expansion.
  16. How does your system select the parts?

Before I can give proper feedback, it would be useful to know how your program picks the parts in the first place. Does it simply spit out a hardcoded build that you have to manually update based on the dollar amount and other other selections such as OS/optical/OC? Or is it more dynamic? The more detail you give me, the more help I can be.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Thanks very much for your interest in the build generator and providing feedback.

As I’m sure you can understand, I am unwilling yo share details of the specific implementation of the site, however I can say that the builds are generated on the fly to choose the best parts for the budget.

17. Stop recommending dual core CPUs

Next gen games wont do jack without at least a quad-core. Unless their gonna be playing older games, stop recommending them. Maybe give a choice when asking about the build

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. stop recommending mATX boards

Stop recommending these boards. Smaller boards have fewer features and it becomes cramped to build with them, especially when you recommend (laughably) that I should purchase dual video cards. Please stop this nonsense, or at least have it a bit more configurable. Add in selectable options for "Only use ATX (motherboard + case)" and maybe some brand preferences. This site is a great idea but you can easily mislead people who are new to the build experience. Having built PCs for the last ~13 years, I have completed most of my builds with ATX parts since the mATX parts tend…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Scott,

The mATX boards at the chipsets where I am recommending them barely have any less features than their full sized equivalents, bar a copious number PCIe ports which are lane starved anyway on the ATX boards due to the chipset limitations. Sometimes they can lack a few SATA ports but that really depends on the individual motherboard rather than the form factor.

Dual cards are never recommending with an mATX board due to slot spacing – if there is a place where this happens I would appreciate it being reported as this is not intended behavior.

I completely disagree with you about things getting cramped in an mATX form factor. I might agree with you if you said mITX where space is at a premium however the only difference in size between ATX and mATX is slightly less vertical space which really only limits PCIe slots. There is…

19. Change the low budget builds

Around the 400 pound mark, it was suggesting to use an i3 with a r9 280. And was upgrading the gpu ridiculously in comparison to the cpu.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is definitely intended, the i3 is a good pair with the 280 at the lower budgets where an i5 cannot reasonably be afforded.

For instance, it would require dropping to an i5 and 270X which is not spending enough on the graphics card for the purposes of a gaming build.

The GPU is the most important thing in a gaming rig by far and as such the most money should be spent on it.

20. use gpuShack for GPU prices

Please email sales@gpushack.com to talk about integrating gpuShack pricing for GPUs.

I have noticed that your listed prices are about 20% more expensive than those sold on gpuShack.

Also, when I click through to buy the GPU, pcpartpicker redirects to an even more expensive price than the one listed on your site.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid I am not interested in recommending used or refurbished parts on ChooseMyPC.net so that would be out of the question.

Prices can lag behind PCPartPicker’s current pricing slightly due to recent sales ending etc as prices are cached in the database for a set period of time. This can cause minor discrepancies.

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base