Skip to content

General

53 results found

1. Needs more AMD support for CPU.

About every part they gives are INTEL or NViDIA based, which isn't bad. but Needs AMD based too. some AMD cpu are cheaper than intels. so why not add that? example I prefer intel, but would prefer a FX CPU over a Pentium one. but thats me.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid the choice of Intel or Nvidia is not brand preference but is due to the better pricing in the market at that particular price point.

In the case of AMD CPUs they are not actually cheaper or better for the money than Intel counterparts which perform better for gaming.

In the case of graphics cards, AMD tend to be the best up to the 970 and 980 in terms of bang for buck.

2. Has an option to choose between intel and amd

Some people like intel, some like amd (cheaper)

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid the choice of Intel or Nvidia is not brand preference but is due to the better pricing in the market at that particular price point.

In the case of AMD CPUs they are not actually cheaper or better for the money than Intel counterparts which perform better for gaming.

In the case of graphics cards, AMD tend to be the best up to the 970 and 980 in terms of bang for buck.

3. Option for different merchants

Some users may prefer to use only one or two merchants, such as Amazon or Newegg

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A couple ideas

• Don't use seagate, they are not as reliable and are not as fast as western digital.
    • Switched the r9 290 in the 1k build to a 970, much better bang for the buck and doesn't burn up like the sun.
    • Use a different brand then Team Vulcan for memory, G.Skill works very well.
    • Your power supplies are from companies that are not very good at making power supplies. Stick with XFX, Cooler Master, and SeaSonic.
    • Just because someone is not overclocking doesn't mean they won't need a good or at least decent CPU cooler.
    • If your gonna use r9 290s…
    3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am afraid you are misinformed on pretty much all your points, actually.

There is no reliable evidence to say that WD are more reliable than Seagate for HDDs. They are most certainly not faster, in fact the barracuda is faster in most applications then the equivalently priced WD blue drive, however it makes little to no real world difference so you should get whichever is cheaper.

The 970 is more expensive and is used if the budget allows for it. The 290s are perfectly well cooled with non-reference cards, the heat issues were with the reference design which was awful.

Memory is rated for particular specifications and is manufactured by the same couple of companies. It makes no difference which brand you buy because RAM is RAM.

If someone is not over clocking, there is no benefit in getting a better CPU cooler aside from if they live…

5. recommend parts that are actually compatible with each other

I ran through for a $450 build:
    http://choosemypc.net/build/?budget=450&oc=false

It paired this graphics card:
    http://www.powercolor.com/US/products_features.asp?id=525

With this power supply:
    http://www.microcenter.com/product/399979/Builder_Series_CX430_430_Watt_ATX_12V_Power_Supply

The specs on the graphics card state the minimum power rating to be 500w. The power supply is only 430w. I wish I had cross-checked your recommendations instead of buying everything and building the computer, because now the graphics card overheats and the computer randomly shuts down. I'm in the process of returning this power supply and ordering a new, stronger one. Lots of wasted time, effort, and money on my part.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello Joe,

The specs on the graphics cards given by the manufacturers are actually very inaccurate, and it can be safely stated that the wattage of the PSU is not causing your issue.

You can confirm this by checking a PSU wattage calculator online, one of which (the PCPartPicker one) is automatically checked when builds are generated on the site to ensure compatibility.

Overheating sounds like you actually have a graphics card which is faulty in some way rather than a PSU issue – if it was inadequate PSU wattage you would end up with the PSU shutting down or behaving weirdly at full load while being fine at idle.

Thanks,
    Mark

6. use logicalincrements

this website should help a little: http://www.logicalincrements.com/

Sliders for each part should be nice.

different builds for gaming/video editing/office work/etc.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add Option for Mac-Compatible

Works just like now but adds button for OSX, and can generate a Hackintosh-PC system that can boot OSX.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Support for AMD parts

Some people don't like Intel chipsets, and others still see the benefit of AMD 8 cores that cost the same as Intel Quads while achieving better benchmarks.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Unless you are doing strong multithreaded tasks, for gaming the Intel quads are much better for the money than the 8350 due to the stronger single threaded performance.

AMD CPUs are programmed into the system where appropriate but currently Intel have the market somewhat cornered with the exception of a narrow band where the 6300 is good bang for buck.

Thanks,
    Mark

9. Sponsorship

Dear Sir/Madam, My name is Kevin Gorman and I am emailing you to let you know about my YouTube channel. My YouTube channel is growing and I am on 500 subscribers and I am gaining 100 subscribers every two weeks or on the busy times of my videos being uploaded I am able to gain 100 subscribers a week, this means that I am a growing channel that is getting bigger by the day. I am emailing you to ask your company is they would like to be part of my channel and that means that I am able to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Noticed a bug in the site

I've noticed that when I open up this feedback tab, there is no way to close it without submitting a feedback.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

I actually have no control over this aspect of the site as I use uservoice for the feedback system.

However I cannot reproduce this myself – there is a close button to exit the tab popup at the top right of the window.

Thanks,
    Mark

11. Add support for MSY for Australians

It has lower prices than the other stores and is way better for lower-priced builds: http://www.msy.com.au/sa/holdenhill/

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Two columns for pricing

It would be nice to know what the price of each item was before and after rebate (or how much rebate there is for each item).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I really need a UI designer to help me work these things through, but I don’t think there would currently be room in the table to include the information.

However I have taken some notes from pcpartpicker and could be finding a way to better visualize MIRs and other discounts on the site.

13. Add ability to select a case that doesn't require tinkering to make the parts fit.

The suggested case for my build came with a warning saying I would need to remove drive bays to fit the graphics card. I'm not sure if this is a difficult task, but it would be nice to see some alternatives.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I will be adding customisation options in future for the case.

As-is, what this warning actually usually means is that a drive bay or two is blocked by the inclusion of a long graphics card and this is not a big deal at all.

In the most extreme case it means that you may have to remove one of the drive cages from the case which usually requires taking out a few thumbscrews and pulling the cage out.

Most of the more lower end cases (and even many of the higher end options) aren’t big enough to provide their full drive storage capacity as well as a very long graphics card.

Thanks,
    Mark

14. Support More Countries

You should support more countries such Germany, France, Italy, Greece, China, etc.
    It would be great!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pick specific parts like CPU

I might wish to build a PC centered around say, a core i7 but get builds generated for an AMD cpu.

Or, I really want an nVidia Titan, so what can I pair with that to meet the rest of my budget.

So it would be great to be able to pick specific CPU, video card, etc.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add support for EU parts

We need support for German, France and some other high populated EU country's so we can see price differences between euro using country's

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Explain Windows part changes

I built a machine and then hit the add windows button and almost every feature changed. Given that most gaming rigs are Windows I'd be curious to know the justification behind what that is changing.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey,

Perhaps I can explain a little bit about how this works. Including the costs of Windows in the total cost of the build effectively reduces the budget by $100, meaning the rest of the build will be downgraded to suit.

This actually has nothing to do with Windows vs Linux, just the price which must be accounted for.

Thanks,
    Mark

18. Besides windows and optical drive option, you could add periferals like keyboards, mouses but more important, monitors !

Besides windows and optical drive option, you could add periferals like keyboards, mouses but more important, monitors !

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I have considered adding this in the past, however as the peripherals are largely a personal preference option it is not really viable for me to add them to the generator.

I can only advise that you put aside an additional peripheral budget which you manage yourself alongside any builds generated by ChooseMyPC.

However I have dedicated a section in the build guide to briefly discuss them if you wish to read more.

Thanks for your feedback,
    Mark

19. Other languages

I think it would be nice to add support for other languages such as the french, Spanish or German. And also the support of the Euro.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I would love to implement this, however PCPartPicker, the source of my pricing data is not very accurate for these regions.

In addition to this, for every new region I add to the build generator I need to regularly update local pricing for which takes a lot of time for the more niche regions.

It is something I will consider going forward but is unlikely to be implemented any time in the near future. Sorry!

Thanks for your feedback and if you have anything else to contribute feel free to post it here

Mark

20. Add support for MX

i know a lot of people who want to buy a pc, but dont know buy parts and build, Here the brand pc's in stores have too low specs and are too expensive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hey!

I would love to implement this, however pricing data for the more niche regions is hard to come by.

In addition to this, for every new region I add to the build generator I need to regularly update local pricing for which takes a lot of time for the more niche regions.

It is something I will consider going forward but is unlikely to be implemented any time in the near future. Sorry!

Thanks for your feedback and if you have anything else to contribute feel free to post it here

Mark

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base