We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I am dedicated to recommending the best performing parts for the price range and so do not want to change this to introduce a system where the user can make a build far worse for the money.

I don’t like harboring brand preferences on the site – if you have any specific preferences such as this you can feel free to visit pcpartpicker and customize it to your liking.

Thanks!
    Mark

2. Remove Sapphire Radeon HD 7950 3GB from the database

It has been unavailable at this price at newegg for a few weeks now. It skews the build a bit.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. cpu + gpu company options

i think there should be an option on which cpu and gpu companies you would prefer, for example i cant find an amd fx 8350 on here, or a amd r9 280x, i would like the option of choosing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Oliver,

Both of these parts are in the ChooseMyPC database, and will be chosen if they are worth the money.

At certain price points, both the mentioned parts are also recommended as they are good value for money at a very limited number of price points.

I don’t believe in harboring brand preferences and so do not weight brands in any way to have one preferred over another – everything recommended is a result of price being compared to performance to check whether it is good value for money.

Thanks for taking the time to leave feedback. If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Mark

4. perhaps useage consideration

gaming, game streaming, and video editing all require different hardware. perhaps you should tyake that into consideration. plus mantle. otherwise, i'd say this generator does a pretty fair job.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Add peripherals

what if the person does not have any

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Peripherals are not something I would like to include on the site due to both the personal nature of them as well as to avoid making the UI of the main build generator too complicated.

However I do have a prebuilt-style build customizer in the works which will allow the addition of these sorts of optional additions. This is a way off being feature complete but should be a welcome addition to the site by many.

Thank you for your interest,
    Mark

6. Upgrading

I already have a computer and would like a system where I feed info on what my computer specs are currently and my budget and have it suggest the upgrade for the best performance increase for the given price.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m afraid something like this would be incredibly complicated to code with all the different variables which could make up a rig.

I won’t totally rule it out but it isn’t something I will want to do any time soon.

Thanks for your suggestion.

- Mark

7. More Currencies

I feel that people from other countries apart from UK, Canada or USA should be able to convert the pc pricing into their own currency or that there should be more currencies to choose from as I am from New Zealand and people like me are missing out. Thanks

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add monitor and peripherals

Add monitor and peripherals, or at least add an estimated cost for these items.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello!

Peripherals are not something I would like to include on the site due to both the personal nature of them as well as to avoid making the UI of the main build generator too complicated.

However I do have a prebuilt-style build customizer in the works which will allow the addition of these sorts of optional additions. This is a way off being feature complete but should be a welcome addition to the site by many.

Thank you for your interest,
    Mark

9. Cut out SSD's for builds below 1000 dollars.

Personally I feel that at that point a budget would be better spent on a better GPU, MOBO, or more efficient PSU.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

I strongly disagree with you there.

I/O is the biggest bottleneck in 99% of computers, and an SSD makes a huge real world difference.

In comparison a mobo or more efficient PSU makes 0 real world difference to the speed or performance of the build. You can make an argument for a GPU upgrade being preferred, but an SSD+7950/760 would be a much better combo than, for example, a 7970 on its own in terms of the overall experience.

You can manually take the SSD off using the customisable storage options, but that would be a mistake IMO.

10. Have another country to buy items off?

I am currently living in New Zealand and it's very hard for me to pick the parts, as I have to convert the currency and then go to New Zealand sites to find the same at item at a way higher price, I cannot simply ship over the items as sites like Newegg do not ship to other countries. Thanks for your time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi Jacob.

I would love to add more and more regions, but each one takes an increasing amount of my time to keep updated, and so the more niche areas in terms of demographics I have to leave out in order to invest my time on the most popular regions where the majority of people are from.

It is a possibility that I will expand in the future, but I have many other items I need to work on which are much higher on my priority list.

Sorry,
    Mark

11. Add price in €

I love the tool but i was a little disappointed noticing you can't select European country (apart England).
    I don't know why you've made it this way but it could be usefull to have the price in €.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. allow specifically setting certain parts

I have a mostly old computer but a new graphics card. I want that card, and then my budget, to dictate the build

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Sorry for the delay in responding to this

I’m afraid something like this would be incredibly complicated to code with all the different variables which could make up a rig.

I won’t totally rule it out but it isn’t something I will want to do any time soon.

Thanks for your suggestion.

- Mark

13. Networking cards.

Just as you can choose to add operating system and optical drive, would it be worth adding the option to add a wireless card for those who own no wires?

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Something very personal like this wouldn’t really be under the scope of a cookie cutter build website and may just clutter up the interface unnecessarily.

However I will consider adding peripherals etc in the future if I don’t have something more important to add as a greater priority!

1 3 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base